If you want to create buzz for your brand then blogging is a great way to do it.
It allows you to create a community of engaged readers that want to hear what you have to say, and will likely buy from you.
Traffic, authority and new leads – who wouldn’t want all of that?
And it sounds easy doesn’t it?
Start a blog. Write content. Then publish.
But there’s a bit more to it than that.
Today I’d like to share a great infographic with you that will help you create the perfect blog post, from headline to CTA.
The below infographic is courtesy of Salesforce. Keep reading below for some of my main takeaways and additional tips.
Click to enlarge or view via Salesforce’s original post.
Top takeaways to give your blog posts a boost
There are some great tips baked right into this infographic.
But there are some in particular that stand out:
- 80% of readers never make it past the headline – This is super important. Your headlines will make or break your content. Whichever headline tips you follow, ensure your blog posts deliver on the promise made by your headline.
- Optimize for skim readers – Some people won’t read all of your content, they’ll skim through it. This is why you need to write engaging sub-headings. They’re almost as important as a headline.
- Add engaging visuals – Whenever possible, add quality images or visuals to your content. This could be anything from a screenshot to a custom made chart. Avoid stock photography & leverage tools such as Canva.
- Make your content easy to share – If you want more social traction, this is the easiest way to do it. There are plenty of tools available to make this easy such as SumoMe, along with other WordPress plugins.
- Let your readers know what to do next – You’ve created a great post, and people are reading. What do you want them to do? If you don’t tell them, they’ll leave. Your best option here is to offer them something in exchange for joining your email list.
2 other seriously important factors to consider:
- Don’t be afraid to mention/link out to other bloggers – If you’ve got a good reason to mention experts or other bloggers in your niche; mention them. You can let them know you’ve mentioned them once your post is live, and it gives them a good reason to share it.
- Hitting publish is just the beginning – You can write the best blog post in the world, but if you don’t promote it, it will not see the light of day. And content promotion goes beyond just sharing it to your own social networks. Consider these strategies and tools to give your content a lift.
Over to you
What did you think of the infographic? And do you have any additional tips to share?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.